Last modified: January 8th, 2013
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
This policy covers our Website, Platform and Tracking Pixel if you have any questions or concerns please contact us.
Visual Revenue complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Visual Revenue has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Visual Revenue’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Our Website: Information we collect
Visual Revenue uses services from Google, Facebook and Twitter which may set cookies on your computer. They may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve their products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of possible interest to you.
Please visit each of their individual Privacy Policies to understand better what information they collect.
How we use information we collect: We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve the Visual Revenue’s Website, as well as to further develop it.
The Platform: Information we collect
We collect the following information:
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about your usage of the Visual Revenue platform. This information includes data such as,
- When you use the platform
- Details of the reports you use
- What functionality you utilize
- Event information such as crashes, timeouts and the like
How we use information we collect: We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve the Visual Revenue Platform, as well as to further develop it.
The Visual Revenue Tracking Pixel: Information we collect
We collect information, such as the following, via the pixel (beacon) deployed throughout a publisher’s web property.
- URL of the active page
- URL of the previous page
- Title of the active page
- Current Time
- Unique User ID
This data is used as inputs for our models and is utilized in real-time. Most of this information is dropped 30 minutes after the end of the users session.
__vru – gathers session URL data – (expires after 30 minutes)
__vrf – Visual Revenue's Session ID – (expires after 30 minutes)
__vry – position on page – (expires after 25 seconds)
We gather no PII (Personally Identifiable Information) and no IP addresses as this is not required for modeling purposes on our end. We do create unique ID’s so that we can determine if a visitor is known. We store aggregate data such as CTR's, position data, Front Page views, Article views and the likes, but these are site based, not user specific metrics.
Information we share
We do not share any information we gather with external companies or individuals outside of Visual Revenue, unless one of the following circumstances apply:
Upon your request; We will share information with specified companies, organizations or individuals outside of Visual when we have been requested by you to do so.
For legal reasons; We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Visual Revenue if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Visual Revenue, our users or the public as required or permitted by law. Information security
We work hard to protect Visual Revenue users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt our service using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.